Despite the challenges brought about by COVID, there has been some accomplished work;
- Students’ involvement in the affairs of the College-meetings with student leadership
- Capacity building of staff and students in online teaching and learning
- Management of the staggered reporting and learning
- Innovations in assessment, research /dissemination of RIF projects
- Staff in the college continued to win grant as detailed in the report.
- Online seminar series were launched in the Department of Humanities and Language education, which has resulted in an increase in publications.
- Outreach and knowledge transfer efforts continued amidst the covid-19 period, under strict observance of SoPs.
- Graduate program supervision and examinations resumed after the partial lifting of lockdown.
On the whole, the College through IoDEL played a pivotal role in building capacity of staff and students in Open Distance and e-learning. The institute carried out several training of both student and staff on how to use the Makerere University e-learning Environment (MUELE). This has allowed teaching and learning to virtually continue in the entire university.
You may download the annual report, that details key activities, achievements and developments at the College of Education and External Studies during the period of 2020/2021 attached below: