Mugagga has been a lecturer of Philosophy of Education and Teachers Professional Ethics since joining Makerere University in 1998. He has held a number of leadership positions in and outside the University namely
(1) Coordinator Joint Africa –EU Strategy Tuning Project for Uganda.
(2) Ag. Head Department of Educational Foundations and Management School of Education Makerere University (2010-2011)
(3) Ag. Coordinator Centre for Teaching and Learning Support, Makerere University College of Education and External Studies (2011- to date).
(4) Member, Management Committee College of Education and External studies 2011 to date.
(5) Coordinator , Research & Higher degree /Graduate Academic Programs Department of Educational Foundations and Management 2006-2010 )
(6) Coordinator Research & Higher degree /Graduate Academic Programs Department of Foundations and Curriculum Studies 2012 to date
(7) Member, Research Higher Degree Committee of the School of Education Makerere University 2006-2012
(8) Coordinator , Time Table Committee School of Education Makerere University (2007-2012)
(9) Member, Examination and Examination irregularities Committee School of Education and Department of Distance and Lifelong learning ( 2007-2011)
(10) Member, Committee reviewing Makerere University Human Resource Manual 2011-2012)
(11) Member, Committee Reviewing the Makerere University Archives and Records management policy 2011/2012
(12) Member, Curriculum Development and Restructuring of Academic programs for Health Tutors College Mulago Diploma and Bachelor of Medical Education ( 2011/2012 )
(13) Member, Examination Board Mulago Health Tutors College 2009-todate
(14) Chair Person Procurement and disposal Committee Health Tutors College Mulago (2011- to date)
(15) External Examiner for St. Augustine University Mwanza
(16) Visiting Professor Walsh University Ohio & Kisubi Brothers University Uganda
(17) He has examined and supervised to completion over 30 MEd students for both Makerere University College of Education and External Studies, 2 Phd Students, 5 MAEd students for Walsh University Ohio USA and gave academic guidance to two students for Lund University Sweden.
Philosophy Education, Moral Education, Child Rights, Higher Education & Educational Foundations and Management